July 17, 2013

Liebster Award: Take Two!

Yes, you may have seen a similar post earlier, but I feel the need to accept the nominations given to me in the past week. It is only polite. (:

Thank you to Lauren at The Traveling Teacher, Alyssa at Just a Primary Girl, Maria & Em at Curious Firsties, Natalie at The Polka Dotted Chirp, Susan at Pink Watermelons, and Lindsey at Mrs. Johnson's Little Prowlers.

To accept the nomination I must:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted for me by my nominator
4. Share 11 random facts about myself
5. Create 11 questions for my nominees
6. Contact my nominees and let them know I nominated them
My short and simple answers with some pictures to keep you entertained!

Lauren's Questions for Me:
1. What song describes your personality?
This was the LAST question I answered as I typed up this post. So tricky… but I made my decision on Who Says by Selena Gomez. The lyrics are catchy… and I feel that I try to love myself and recognize what I have to offer the world! 
2. What is one item in your classroom that you could not live without?
Chapstick & water… I need both to teach at the top of my game. (:
3. How did you end up teaching at the school you are at?
I was very lucky! It was my very first interview, and I accepted the first grade position!

4. If you weren't a teacher, what would you be?
I answered this in my last post… I would definitely be an occupational therapist!

5. What is your favorite hobby outside of school?
Crafting, hair, nails, art, and watching movies are just a FEW of the hobbies I love. I cannot just choose one… Here's a picture of my sister's hair for homecoming! I just go with the flow AKA you never get the hairdo you ask for. HA!
6. What is your favorite unit/concept to teach?
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE teaching reading!!! It is so rewarding to see the progress firsties make. I enjoy being a part of it. (: 

7. If you could live anywhere else in the world, where would it be?
To live? I would say San Fran! The people there are so friendly and busy. Here is a picture I took of the Golden Gate Bridge!!!

8. What is your favorite thing about having summers off?
Spending time with my family!

9. How do you spend your weekends during the school year?
I really like going to the movies and indulging in a large bucket of buttered popcorn!
10. How do you unwind after a long day of school?
There is something about flipping through the channels with my feet up that makes me feel calm.

11. If you could time travel, what era/time period would you go to?
I am fascinated with the 20's… just thinking about the Roaring Twenties makes me want to dance to ragtime jazz as a flapper! I think it is the inner tap dancer in me. 


Alyssa's Questions for Me:
1. What is your all time favorite song?
I have SO many. I do really love RE:Stacks by Bon Iver though.

2. iPhone/Droid/Galazy?
I joined team iPhone in May!

3. Why did you name your blog what you did?
Tailor-made Teaching seemed like the perfect blog header because I try to make my students' learning experience tailored to their needs! At the same time, tailor-made also means handmade with detail. I do my best to put my personal touch on everything that I do in and out of my classroom! Click the picture to take you to my feature in Honey Bunch Blog Design!
4. How often do you blog?
I blog sporadically… whenever I see a linky party or have something I feel I should share, I do!

5. How many products do you have on your TPT page?
22 products and still in the making! NEW FREEBIE today- Somersaultin' Over Sounds: A Phonological Awareness Center

6. Do you designate time to blog or fit it in where you can?
I do not designate time, but fit it in typically late at night or early in the morning.

7. How long do you have off for summer?
Early June to Mid-August. 

8. What teacher supply can you NOT live without?
I hope this bird feeder counts! I try to incorporate nature into my classroom as MUCH as I can. My munchkins loved this bird feeder… I hope to include a whole unit next year (graphing which birds come, what seed they like, how often they come).
9. Do you have any pets?
Yes- Boo the kitty!

10. Do you have any children?
Not yet, but plan to when the timing is right & when I am married!

11. If you have pets/children- how do you balance it all? What relaxes you?
My little kitty does not really get in the way too much… but my idea of calming down after a long school day would be coming home, making dinner, blogging, and watching tv. Here is Boo after a long day of blogging:


Maria & Em's Questions for Me:
1. What is your favorite summer activity?
Cedar Point is always a MUST for the summertime!

2. What is one of the coolest things you have ever done?
Parasailing was SO much fun! Jet-skiing too!

3. What is something that you have learned today?
Movies are just movies! I watched This is the End last night… lots of funny & lots of scary. 

4. What is one of your favorite habits that you have?
I can't stand my toenails to be bare… So I always have a coat of paint on! I also can't stand going to bed dirty… I have to shower before climbing into bed.

5. Would you rather live in the country or a city? Why?
I would rather live in the city because it is closer to everything! I would dread driving more than 20 minutes to any nearby store. 

6. What is your favorite color?
The perfect mixture between teal and tourquoise… sea foam green!

7. How is your classroom decorated?
Right now… this is what my classroom looks like! LOTS of work ahead of me. (:
8. What is your favorite thing to read: newspaper, magazine, websites, books, other?
I don't prescribe to many magazines, but love to read them! I am also a website-a-holic. 

9. What is your favorite type of ice cream?
I find plain vanilla to be tasty, but if you are talking about Cold Stone… I would say Strawberry Randevu (strawberry ice cream, white chocolate chips, frozen strawberries and bananas, and graham crackers).

10. What's your favorite summer meal?
Fruit salad! Yummy, Yummy.
11. Burger or hot dog?
HOT DOG!


Natalie's Questions for Me:
1. Where did you go to college? How was it?
I went to Kent State University and really loved it. KSU provided me enough hands-on teaching experiences as well as the knowledge of a variety of philosophies to prepare me to teach in my very own classroom! They preach and teach constructivism. 

2. What is your favorite movie and why?
27 Dresses and Because I Said So are my two favs! I like them because they are both romantic comedies obviously… They also find love and happiness in such odd ways.

3. If you could go on a shopping spree, where would you go and why?
I would love to go on a shopping spree in Anthropologie or  Arhaus! They have everything I love & everything I cannot afford (ugh).

4. If you could visit anywhere in the United States, where would you go an why?
I would like to visit Chicago because it is close by, and I have never been there!

5. Where do you teach and what makes it awesome?
I teach in Northwest Ohio. I think that my school is awesome because of the dedicated teaching staff! It is such a wonderful and positive atmosphere. 

6. Name two things that makes your job enjoyable and amazing.
  • The inner first grader in everyone (me and my kiddos)
  • Reading children's books (love this)

7. Name two things that makes your job, at times, difficult.
  • Fitting it all in in one year (content-filled & fun lessons)
  • Outside distractions (parties & holidays can be needy)

8. Do you have any pets? Tell me about them.
Boo is one year old & I love him to pieces! He has spunk and is photogenic. 
9. What is your favorite recipe?
This Southwest Stuffed Chicken Recipe is to die for!!! SERIOUSLY.

10. If you weren't an amazing teacher, what job would you choose?
An occupational therapist.

11. Name one simple pleasure that you love in life.
Aveeno products! I have sensitive skin & their entire line is perfect. I highly recommend using Aveeno!

Bonus Question: What is your favorite thing to do during the summer?
Relax and spend time with my amazing family!


Susan's Questions for Me:
1. What is the best teacher book you have ever read?

2. What's your favorite place to shop?
TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Target, DSW, and Banana Republic. 

3. What do you do in your free time?
Yes, I still babysit! 
4. If you could be given one thing to improve teaching, what would it be?
A technology grant! I would love to have either iPads or an Elmo in my classroom.

5. What's your favorite meal to prepare or eat?
I do not particularly like preparing any meal (not a housewife yet!), but love chicken caesar salad. SCRUMPTIOUS!

6. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I would go to Africa. I am intrigued by the diversity of both people and animals.

7. What are your favorite TV shows?
I would say One Tree Hill, but it sadly ended. My new favorite is Parenthood!

8. What is your favorite blog(s)?
I am truly inspired by Cara at The First Grade Parade and enjoy reading posts by Babbling Abby at The Inspired Apple!

9. Do you have a TPT store? If so, please give the address too. 
Yes, click below to snag this freebie! Open vowel /o/ and /ow/ vowel pattern word sort. 
10. What is the last book you read?
I have a hard time reading books cover to cover, but I have read a lot of Teaching Student-Centered Mathematics by John Van de Walle and Lou Ann H. Lovin!

11. Are you a morning or night person?
Whatever the OPPOSITE of a morning person is… that's what I am! I can stay up late, but need my space in the am! 


Lindsey's Questions for Me:
1. I'm a quote kinda girl, what's your favorite quote?
My gram is currently in rehab after tramatic brain surgery. We try to keep her motivated by sharing quotes! I like this one I found only a few days ago!
2. If you weren't a teacher what would you be?
An occupational therapist. 

3. What's your favorite store to shop at?
Does this picture suffice? 
4. What books are you reading this summer?

5. What's your greatest accomplishment?
Graduating college is my greatest accomplishment. Someone once told me that people can take so many things from you in the future, but they cannot take away your degree! 

6. What's your favorite candy?
Twizzlers & Starbursts. 

7. What's your favorite summer activity?
I like sitting around a bonfire with my family. Anything with food and people… Count me in!

8. What is your funniest teaching moment?
This past year, I learned what the "j word" was… (jerk). Tee-Hee.

9. What is your favorite book to read to your students?
Showing some Chester love! My kiddos adore this book… and the best thing about it is that it makes me giggle too!
10. What is one of your goals for school this year?
I am trying to figure out how to incorporate new teaching strategies into math this year! I am greatly considering doing centers as suggested by Stephanie at 3rd Grade Thoughts

11. What's the best part of your job?
Working with first graders is by far the best part of my job. We keep each other motivated and excited to learn! The innocence of children is something I truly cherish.

Please take a peek at THIS POST to see my 11 random facts, nominees, and questions for my nominees!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - Britney - had no idea you were nominated so many times when I nominated you - you are so popular and polite! You might hold the world record for being nominated the most times for a Liebster Award! I would say that you have definitely earned this award!
    Susan K.

    ReplyDelete

Don't have G+? Please leave your email for a tailored reply!