December 8, 2013

Elf on the Shelf

My first graders wiggled with excitement when they met our classroom elf! The magic & mystery of Elf on the Shelf has continued to amaze me! This is my first time using one in the classroom, and I must say that the elf has brought a lot of well-behaved first graders to my room. I used Cara Carroll's ELFIS Is In the Building {A Classroom Freebie} freebie to introduce Santa's little friend. We voted and our top two picks were JACK and FROST (interesting top two choices don't ya think?). Meet… FROST! Look at the pictures below to see what Frost has been up to so far in December. Click the image below to join Apples & ABC's and Seusstastic to share your elf adventures!

 Frost's arrival was quite exciting!
Frost made a snowman on the carpet!
 Frost celebrated Hanukkah in style!
 Frost added his name to the word wall! F… for Frost. (:
 Frost left a note {idea from my first grade team} with enough marshmallows and pretzels for each student to make a snowman. We put our snowmen together during snack time.
 My first graders loved building their snowmen… and eating them too! YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't have G+? Please leave your email for a tailored reply!