May 22, 2014

Reader's Theater

I cannot believe that the school year is coming to an end! I am a little sad and disappointed that I did not get to share all of the happenings on my blog. My first graders are growing up! We worked really hard this week to participate in reader's theater. We practiced, rehearsed, practiced, rehearsed, and then practiced some more. I enjoyed EVERY. SINGLE. MINUTE. The kiddos could not wipe the smiles off of their faces even if they tried. I used leveled scripts from Reading A-Z, which made my life A LOT easier. We performed The Three Billy Goats Gruff, The Three Little Pigs, Little Red Riding Hood, and Pinocchio.

I am VERY LUCKY to have such helpful and inventive parents too! Moms, dads, grandmas, and grandpas (I am sure) helped to gather up possible costumes and props for the skits. Check out all of the AH-MAZING photos I snapped of the costume close-ups. I will let the pictures do the talking. {Can you tell I purchased a new camera?} IN LOVE.

Big Billy Goat
Little Billy Goat
Big Bad Wolf
Little Pig
Wolf
Blue Fairy
Blue Fairy
Pinocchio
Geppetto

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't have G+? Please leave your email for a tailored reply!